INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS – MEMBERSHIP IN STUDENT SERVICE
Who can join the Student service:
- Students (full - time and part - time),
- EU citizens with residence in Croatia who study outside Croatia ,
- Exchange students (while studying in Croatia),
- Persons in the process of enrollment, for a maximum of 3 months from the end of the school year in which they completed secondary education,
- Persons who have completed studies in Croatia or EU citizens residing in Croatia who have completed studies outside Croatia no longer than the academic year in which they completed their studies or until the expiration of 3 months from their final studies under condition that they do not have an established employment and / or they are not self-employed, free profession and / or agriculture and forestry.
Students, foreign citizens who study in Croatia or they are on faculty in Croatia as exchange student (Erasmus, Erasmus+, etc.), need the following to become member of Student service:
- Certificate of study on Faculty in Croatia (in Croatian language) or certificate for student exchange (ERASMUS, ERASMUS+) - an electronic student status certificate can be downloaded through the system e -citizens,
- x-ica (faculty card),
- ID card,
- OIB – personal identification number in Croatia (the condition that must be met in order to obtain a personal identification number is that student has a registered address of residence in Croatia, which students must report to the authorised police station),
- Personal giro account – IBAN (bank card, bank certificate, contract signed with a bank in Croatia or shown on the net banking) – condition that must be met is an obtained Croatian personal identification number – OIB,
- fill in the memberhip questionnaire (questionnaire),
- statement of student (statement),
- statement of student - translation of the contract (statement-contract)
- the student must have compulsory health insurance in Croatia or European Health Insurance Card.
Students who are employed do not have the right to work through Student service.
With regard to REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), consent of the processing of personal data, students sign through memberhip questionnaire.
Students who enroll in Student servise or renew their membership must have regulated health insurance. If the student does not have regulated health insurance than he must solve it at the nearest office of the Croatian Health Insurance Institute (HZZO).
ENROLL OR RENEW MEMBERSHIP AT: ·
- Campus (Trsat)·
Once the student enrolls the student service will be given user name and password to access the web service through which they can create a work contract and see all payments.
Part-time Students who have been employed, after they stop working and want to enroll in Student Service must bring a certificate from the Croatian Pension Insurance Institute (HZMO) or the Croatian Employment Service (HZZ) that they stopped working.
Extension of membership requires all documents listed above except OIB and IBAN, unless student changed bank account.
When submitting a completed contract, it must be signed in two places by the contractor (student) and signed and certified in two places by the client (employer), otherwise it cannot be proceseed.
HOW LONG THE MEMBERSHIP LASTS
Students whose membership has expired for the academic year (the same lasted until September 30 th) are not entitled to employment through the Student Service until they renew their membership for the next academic year.
PAYMENT OF SALARIES AFTER THE MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES
Students who have expired their membership in the Student Service, and are waiting for payment for the work done and / or have yet to fulfill and calculate the contract made before the expiration of membership, will receive their earnings regardless of the expiration of membership!
Students interested in working through the Student Service, and who graduated during the current academic year, are required to bring a certificate from the faculty on the achieved graduate status. They have the right to work through the Student Service until the end of the academic year in which they completed their studies or until the expiration of a period of three months from the completion of their studies.
The condition is that students are members of the Student Service for the current academic year.
Students who drop out of college lose the right to work through the Student Service.
The Student is obliged to inform the Student Service about changes in his / her status, whether he / she graduated or dropped out of faculty, got a job or in any other way lost his / her status and with that lost the right to employment under the Student Work Agreement.